Tuesday, March 27, 2007

22 weeks...after the fact...

How far along: well, further than this post implies...blogger ATE my last post, after I typed it all out...so this is all about week 23...

Weight Gained: Don't know right now. Probably around 9 or 10.

Cravings: Jimmy John's. And iced white mochas.

Clothing: Still can button some of my pants, though I'm wearing more maternity stuff now. Picked up a few things over the weekend to expand my wardrobe a bit...

Sleeping: Sigh...my days of sleeping like the dead are apparently over, at least for now. I wake up a lot, either to pee or to just LAY THERE awake. BOO! I guess we can call this "the warm up", yes? I take a lot of naps, which is lame, but you gotta do what keeps you sane and somewhat human-ish.

Boy or girl: Hmmm...today I say boy. Ask me tomorrow, though...

Movement: Ok, so the last time I updated, I said things had sort of chilled out...ummmm I spoke too soon. Maybe Baby just had a slow week...all that growing or something to do. NOW Baby apparently thinks it is great fun to throw its weight around and do calisthenics on my bladder and belly button! Jeremy's getting to feel more of the kicks/jabs/kung fu moves now, so that's fun.

What I miss: Still the coaching. And the sleeping.

Looking forward to: Getting the room ready for the baby. Went to Shipshewana, found lots of fun fabric for other things, but not a baby's room for which you are trying to stay gender-neutral. I did order stuff online today, finally, so I'll get started on the bedding and curtains one of these days...

Best moment this week: It was rather comical to me when Jeremy discovered all the sneaky plans he had made for the "Babymoon" had been made for the WRONG DATES! Oops! he planned/reserved/booked tickets for a week LATER than what he wanted to. Silly man. LUCKILY, it all works out because he will be on break, and I have Good Friday off, so we can still leave on Thursday afternoon.

Milestones: This is a question that forces me to think of something charged with meaning every week. That is hard. So that probably means I should keep this on here! :) I guess it was fun to run into someone I hadn't seen in quite a while, and she asked if I was pregnant. She seemed like she didn't want to come right out (the old is-she-or-is-she-just-packing-it-on dilemma) but I'm glad she asked so I can have something to write on here.

In non-baby news: Nothing destructive this week! I'm on spring break and the weather is great, so all is well. Went to Shipshewana, which always inspires me to do something domestic. The first time I went, I came home and made a quilt. This time, I came home and made snickerdoodles. Not quite as ambitious this time, but the bakery that I usually get them from was closed, and Jeremy loves those cookies. I'm happy to report that my version turned out pretty darn close--however, I did stray from making them exactly the same because I did NOT make them the size of hamburgers.

No comments: