Wednesday, May 16, 2007

31 down, 9 to go...

I went to a high school art show last night, since two of my small group girls were there with their work. Fun fun--they loooove Cletus! and aren't they just super cute?

How far along: 31 weeks, 3 days

Weight Gained: 16 pounds, give or take.

Cravings: Diet Coke, I guess.

Clothing: Wearing the same stuff over and over, but it's alright. The end of school is in sight and I can wear shorts and tank tops with my gut hanging out in my backyard and no one will care.

Sleeping: It's hit or miss. I had my first real uncomfortable night last night and had to prop myself up on a ridiculous pillow fort. With a bellow that sticks out in the middle, it will pull to the side when I lay down, and I don't like how that feels...so I build Fort Knox in my bed.

Boy or girl: Still staying with my BOY prediction.

Movement: Oh yes. I think the baby is building a small city in there.

What I miss: My ankle bones at the end of the day! Hello puffy!

Best moment this week: One great moment was this morning, when baby figured out that I do, in fact, have a left side of my abdomen to jab against. Giving my right side a rest today. That's nice. Thank you, baby. Another GREAT moment was conquering an unexpected (and challenging) hike on the dunes of Lake Michigan on Saturday! Janice and I thought it was just a little hike over a hill...we had PURSES. She was wearing FLIP-FLOPS. But it was worth the huffing and puffing to hang on the beach and feel like a stud while 7 months along! Another fun thing that happened is I think that my baby belly got me out of a speeding ticket. I was struggling to lean over my gut to get the registration out of the glove compartment and the state trooper was like "If it's too difficult to get it out of there, I'll just take your license and write up a warning for you." Hahahaha Cletus: 1, Police: 0.

Milestones: Two more calendar months to go!

In Non-Baby News: The Tulip Festival was awesome, had fun adventures with Janice in (and out) (and back in again) Michigan.

Just a few of the billions of tulips:
Janice and I with some tulips:Our fun little beach that we found:I don't know what these are, but I do know that I did NOT eat them....fatballs, anyone??

No comments: