Saturday, June 23, 2007

36.

How far along: 36 weeks. Pictures shall be coming at a later time.

Weight Gained: 21. Went to the doc on Thursday. Know what's freaky? Roughly 5 of that is BLOOD, if you can believe the pregnancy books.

Cravings: Still definitely enjoying watermelon. I don't know what it is about that. Ice Cream has also come into heavy rotation this week.

Clothing: Right now, we're at the lake, so my swimmysuit. Hanging the gut out and everyone just has to deal. I love it.

Sleeping: Sleep has actually been pretty good the past few days. I wake up more than I did pre-pregnancy, but for the most part I'm comfortable and I don't have to get up to pee until I'm up for the day.

Boy or girl: I still think it's a boy!

Movement: S till with thebig moves. Some of them hurt, like a pointy elbow or heel or something...I swear those are going to pop out of my abs at some point and we'll just pull the baby out that way! That...and the HICCUPS...all. the. time.

What I miss: Lying on my belly. I realized that I am decently tan on the front side, but roll me over and it's another story altogether! Ghosty! Funny though.

Best moment this week: Ok. This one is gross, but funny, so I will share. So previous to last night, I thought my belly button was just fine. A little dark, but I thought it was pigment, just like that dark line that showed up. All the stuff I read says that your belly button could be dark and other weird things can happen to your skin, colorartion-wise, when you're pregnant. Dark splotches, linea negra, new moles, etc. So my dark navel caused me no alarm whatsoever. Until for some reason I saw q-tips and a bottle of rubbing alcohol out on the bathroom counter together and thought "Hey, just for the heck of it, I'll swab out the old b.b." And OH MY GOODNESS...apparently my hygiene has suffered for many of my 28 years...that and the fact that putting ANYTHING even near my navel makes me want to throw up. Over-sensitive belly button. But now that it's stretched out to nearly flat, I can swab it with merely dry heaves, no puking. And I am proud to announce that my button is clean and as lily-white as the rest of me! A-MA-ZING. I sat around for most of last night with my shirt up, admiring my navel and making Jeremy do the same. He just thinks I'm gross, but he is pleased with the turn of events. He swears that he knew all along that it was belly crud and not pigment, but whatever.

Milestones: June 21st was Thursday, which marked a calendar month until my official calendar due date (though my chart at the doctor says July 16, the doc said she's not going to worry about an over baked shrewbaby until July 22!) So that was the day that I had set out as a permitted, non-neurotic date that it would be perfectly sensible to start doing the hospital packing and first loads of pre-baby laundry and maybe a little shopping for some boy- and girl- specific clothing for which I will save the receipts and return one after the baby shows up. Did I do any of this on the 21st? NO. But I do have an idea of what outfits I might pick up from Target.com. However I must first make sure I can return the outfit I don't need without surrenduring this first-born WITH it. I tell you what...they are return psychos out there. Especially Connie at my nearest Target store. I will burn her. Not really. But she makes my life VERY difficult and won't tell me what they do with the info from my driver's license. Which makes me feel like someone is touching my belly button.

Non-Baby News: At the lake and I am up BEFORE my husband! That's fun and new. What is not fun and new is the fact that it is very CLOUDY right now. Boo. So I will just continue to drink coffee and fart around until he gets up and I can bother him instead of the entire Internet with my drivel.

Blogger is doing STRANGE things. I type type type and all of a sudden I'm back at some random previous point 4 or 2 or 5 or 2 lines back...weird. I don't like it. I swear it's not me for once. So I shall be done now. Hineywipe out.

No comments: