Tuesday, July 10, 2007

38 weeks and counting down down down.

How far along: 38 weeks. Like whoa.

Weight Gained: 23 big ones. This body's too bootylicious for you baby.

Cravings: Watermelonwatermelonwatermelon. I'm obsessed with its sweet summery goodness.

Clothing: Pajama pants and an ill-fitting t-shirt are the order of the day. That or a swimsuit. Flip flops when I get realllll fancy.

Sleeping: Not bad, especially considering that everyone seems to think that it's supposed to be so difficult at this point. I do wish I could roll over without feeling like I am going to herniate something, but give me a couple of weeks and I'll have the privilege again..ahhhh...

Boy or girl: I still think it's a boy. Jeremy seems to really think it's a girl. One of us is bound to be right. I think it's time to actually wager something...though I'm not sure what.

Movement: Big big moves, jamming into each of my organs...baby seems to feel that things need to be relocated according to his/her specifications.

What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. AUGHHHHHH.

Best moment this week: Jeremy got the crib all painted, and it's all set up and pretty in the baby's room! I love it! He didn't wind up building it himself, a la the original plan, but the substitute is quite acceptable!! And there were only two cussing/throwing incidents during this particular project. We got a second-hand crib (originally just for the hardware) but J-doggy decided to sand it and paint it instead of building something. He keeps saying maybe this winter, but I'm really OK if he doesn't. I like it and I really like seeing it in the room--thought it still sort of feels like we're "playing" if that makes any sense.

Another cute moment--I was walking to the end of the pier yesterday to jump into the lake (well, not really jump...I'm not so spry these days...I used the ladder) and this little boy says to his mom "she's got a BIG belly, mama!" and his mom says "yes, there's a baby in there!" and the little boy looks at me like I'm a monster and says "SHE EATS BABIES???!!!" mom and I laugh, she assures him that I do not eat babies, there just happens to be one growing in there. The kid seems appeased and says to me "Lady, you got a BIG belly!" I love it.

Milestones: Dialated to 1 cm...is that TMI??...maybe so, but it's also progress--we're in the metric system now, instead of saying "fingertip"...woop woop! That's good. And the hospital bag is packed!

Non-Baby News: Spent Friday-Monday at the lake. Yeah, it's rough being educators. Got some knitting done, finally! Finished Daisy at long last. I had issues with the hood...I had almost finished it, and realized that in picking up the neck stitches, I had twisted one of the fronts. After cussing and whining and ripping it out and letting it sit in a bag for a couple of months, I finally got it all done. I have to say I'm so very proud of my new-found grafting and seaming skills. All it needs now is a few buttons. I'm thinking some little wooden toggles will look cute, no matter if it's a little boy or little girl that winds up wearing it!

No comments: