Tuesday, July 17, 2007

39 weeks is not as far as it sounds...not to me!


How far along: 39 weeks. Should be the home stretch, but does NOT feel that way!!

Weight Gained: Holding steady at about 24 pounds. That's like eating 96 quarter pounders. Gross. I would definitely rather have a baby than eat 96 quarter pounders.

Cravings: I'm pretty serious about enjoying tomatoes out of the garden, but I'm not sure that I'm really craving anything at this point.

Clothing: Screw it. No just kidding. I don't know, just some longer shorts and random tanks and tees. You can see from the picture above that I'm just wear a t-shirt and pj pants today. Nothing buy classy around here.

Sleeping: Wellllll...I've surely slept better, that's for sure. I've had some bad nights lately--between midnight and 3am it seems that baby would like to find the exit door, but just can't figure it out...lots of squirming and poking and jabbing and then I toss and turn and burp a lot and make Jeremy really weary of me. He hasn't left the room yet, which is very nice of him. I love him. A couple of benadryl help both baby and me do a little better at night. Though this morning I woke up and baby was nearly in my throat. Little buddy scooted pretty far up my torso. Someone please tell this little person that s/he is supposed to move DOWN. And soon.

Boy or girl: I say boy and I say 8lb4oz, Jeremy says girl and 7lb14oz. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to place your bets.

Movement: Please refer to above comments about sleep.

What I miss: Hmmm...well all of the things that I've ever said I've been missing. Because I'm getting a little impatient, I guess, and yearning for them all a bit more. I guess sometimes it would be nice to see my feet. Haha. This picture makes me laugh.

Best moment this week: Good times with the hubs. We're really so very blessed to be able to spend all this time off from work together before the baby comes. I really don't feel like we are missing out on any "us" time before become a little family of three. Because we do lots of things together and he plays me songs that make me feel all schmoopy and special.

Milestones: Well, the ultrasound-determined due date (Monday) has passed. Several phone calls that day...haven't returned very many of them, sorry if that's you. You'll know when I know. Well, maybe a bit after. I had an appointment that day and everyone in the office was like "any big news for us???" and all I can say is I can just tell that junior isn't ready, you know. Just an ESP-sort of thing. Saturday is probably the more accurate due date, so we'll go with that, and the doctor would probably want to induce late next week if that day passes as well. Not entirely sure how I feel about that. We'll see what my body is or isn't doing at that point. But I reallllyyyy don't want to wind up with a c-section because they tried to get the little buddy out before it was time and my body woudn't cooperate. There's no reason right now. Baby is strong--good kicks and heartbeat at the appointment, and nothing to worry about.

Non-Baby News: Had our first batch of garden salsa on Sunday, oh YUM. Tomatoes, peppers, and onions--so simple, but it was soooo good. If there was any doubt, it's cleared up now. It's SUMMER. AND the bromeliad I've had for two years or so finally has a bloom--I love it!!!
I also have a very lazy cat...I assure you he doesn't learn this behavior from me.



No comments: