Friday, March 14, 2008

30 things...

i have exactly one year until i'm 30, soooooooo i thought i'd make a list. i've been mulling it over for about a month and a half. some things are challenging, some are just things that i've been putting off too long.

30 Things To Do Before I Turn 30...

1. try 30 new recipes, whether or not Jeremy will eat them. :)
2. go sledding or skiing or enjoy snow in some way
3. get away overnight with the husband and not the baby
4. set up an organized recycling area in the garage
5. go letterboxing
6. visit a winery
7. knit a sweater i love
8. make a new quilt for our bed
9. knit a lace project
10. read a photography book and try to take better pictures
11. donate all clothes that i don't wear
12. figure out something to improve my hair situation...maybe a really good cut/color
13. get a little time away all by myself, preferably a night and a day away somewhere sweet and relaxing
14. sew myself a fun summer skirt
15. can something--tomatoes, this summer?
16. create 30 pages for my art journal.
17. purge sewing supplies and organize what i will actually USE
18. put sam photos (of year 1) that will not be scrapped into album
19. purge kitchen supplies/tools/appliances/crap--get it down to what i actually USE (seeing a theme here?)
20. run in a race or fun run
21. swim across Big Turkey
22. attend a local farmer's market at least 5 times
23. organize and back up my computer files
24. go on a media fast for at least a week at least 3 times
25. read at least 5 "helpful" books
26. read at least 5 "pleasure" books
27. write a knitting pattern
28. learn how to spin
29. make pillows for the back room
30. floss!

1 comment:

Matt and Betsy said...

ok, chica, this is really cool!!! I love your list! Lots of fun things on there. What is letterboxing? I have a little list of things I want to accomplish, but I love that you want to get these all done by age 30. Way cool! I think I'm gonna go update my list and do the same thing!