Wednesday, July 01, 2009

my sweet swweeeeeet sammy!

today i'm finding it a little funny that sam doesn't like to be bossed around.

i'm a little over halfway through 4 weeks of keeping my friend's 2yo daughter, and she likes to tell sam to "sit here" "play with this" "come here"...you get the idea. wellll sam is NOT into this at all. he doesn't know yet how to tell her no, so he just screams at her. nice. not really. we're working on "no thanks". but it's good for him to have a friend around, to learn how to work this stuff out!

he's also starting to tell me "no" a little bit...i'm suprised it took him this long, really.
today when i told him to sit in his chair and he didn't do it until i starting walking towards him. he didn't know it, but he was going to get a time out.
well, i guess he did know it...
sometimes it's so hard to discipline him...he's so stinking cute, and he's really very good and very obedient most of the time. hopefully that will last!my heart gets so full when i look at these little guys. i think more and more about how much MORE full god's heart must get when he looks at us. and it pretty much blows my mind. and how much does his heart laugh at/with/near us when we do stuff like sam and try to be sneaky and not sit in the chair until we realize we've been caught...metaphorically speaking, of course. :)

i like thinking about that. a lot.

1 comment:

Andrea Moberly said...

Those boys of yours sure are cute! it made me tear up a little what you shared about your love for your boys and what you now understand about God's love for you - I totally get that because my kids are constantly teaching me about my Savior!