Wednesday, August 12, 2009

sweetest prayer. ever.

our bedtime routine goes something like this: bath, pjs, brush teeth, read books, then hop into the rocking chair to pray and sing some songs. tonight i told sam it was time to pray...usually, i just say a very general prayer--thankfulness for events of the day, etc...tonight, sammy folded his hands and said "oh God..." the rest of the prayer went like this:

me: i'm thankful for...
sam: dada!
me: i'm thankful for...
sam: mama!
me: i'm thankful for...
sam: cake!
me: i'm thankful for...
sam: milk!
me: i'm thankful for...
sam: food!
me: in jesus' name...
sam: amen.

oh my...so very sweet.
i'm thankful for...
THIS BOY!

1 comment:

Andrea Moberly said...

Oh, that brings tears to a mother's eyes! What a blessing to be able to share your love of Jesus with your child :)