Thursday, January 26, 2012

quick catch-up.

Hello there, blog readers...all 4 or so of you. :) Though the magic of Christmas cards, I rediscovered that DENISE is a reader...so I'm outing you and sending lots of love your way! For those not in the know, she's my oldest friend.  And by that I mean I've known her the longest of any of my friends (we went to PRESCHOOL together!), not that she's old.  Because we're the same age, and I'm *certainly* not old.

It's been a busy couple of weeks, but when is it not?  My mom was here for a visit, and among other things we ate a big brunch.  Marcus was my official waffle tester.  He tasted and saw that they were good.  Waffles are the official food of the third trimester.

My mom brought this amazing gift along, which is serving as an excellent body pillow...and on the rare occasion when I make my bed, Marky loves to come into my room and just cackle.  


So I might be nesting...I've done all kinds of weird cleaning tasks around the house.  Strange, I know.  I've superfreaked all three bathrooms, organized a couple of closets (with! labels!), tagged up a ton of baby boy clothes for the Lucky Duck, made up the baby's room, pre-registered at the hospital, and washed and hung up a lot of pink clothing...below is a shot of the baby's closet--so strange to me to see this in my house, but I suppose we'll get used to it before long. Pretty sure we've settled on a name and a nickname--we've been trying it out just between Jeremy and I, and it's growing on me--becoming more real.  Funny how the naming process has been different with each baby...with Sam, we were set really early for both boy and girl names, with Marcus, we decided the night before and weren't offically decided on a girl name, and with this one it's just been different since we knew it was a girl and we both liked VERY different names from the start.  You'll just have to wait and see, though.  The suspense is killing you, right?  Ha. 

Other news?  The boys tried out wrestling club.  They may be a little young, but I think Sam may stick with it.  It's only for a couple of months, and they are important months to have an ACTIVE outlet.  I love these kids with all my heart, but they get CRAZY when the weather keeps us more in than out.  Today our plans were cancelled due to ice--school are closed, roads are bad...so I made them help me clean and then they played "circus" which involved Sam trying to shoot his brother out of a cannon made of a couple of chairs and a bedsheet.  There have been tears but no blood, so I call it a success. 

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I.love.you.

And, I am so glad that you posted. I love, love, love seeing your face on my computer...and letting you be an excuse to procrastinate the work I need to do. :-)

When are you due, Kel? I can't wait to meet your little pink baby. And, good job organizing!

Anonymous said...

yay for my little birdie friend lining her nest in feathers! PINK feathers! yay!

*jamie p