Saturday, October 06, 2012

A few-ish notes about fall.

1. I love fall. Everyone loves fall. Blah blah blah.  It's true, it's a great time of year.  Weather, leaves, camping, fires, pumpkin everything.  It took me a bit longer to get into it this year.  That's kind of sad, but I won't lie, I've had a hard time adjusting to our schedule this year.  I can figure out in my head how our days will play out, but it always winds up being different.  It seems we always wind up not doing the fun stuff I had hoped to do.  Things are smoothing out and I'm really trying to embrace the advantages(?) of a PM preschool class for Sam...basically we aren't getting out much because the baby needs to nap all the time.  Ok, not all the time, but close.

2. Flag football is super fun to watch.  90% of the time someone is running the wrong way. 50% of the time it's my kid. And it was COLD this morning!  I threw the boys' clothes at Jeremy, grabbed some extra stuff for the baby and myself, then went off to try to sneak in a quick early run before the game. In the parking lot at the game, I tossed some sweats on over my running tights, put on a hat that turned out to be Marcus's and attempted to shove the baby into a snowsuit that turned out to be too small (so far NOTHING has been too small for her...go figure). So she wore it like a cape. Ridiculous. We looked like homeless people.  I like flag football. 

3.  This weekend there is NOTHING (except the game, see #2) on the schedule.  It has been a LONG time since we've had a weekend like this.  SOOO excited.  It's all been good stuff that we've been doing, but it's just been a lot.  We are tired.  I'm going to make these and eat most of them.  You should also go make them.  Now.  Thank me later.

4.  This picture is funny.  And quite an accurate portrayal of their personalities.

5.  Our Thursday morning study this week was called "I Am Undisciplined"...totally necessary.  Kind of wishing it had been the first week of the study (because I needed it about 5 years ago), but it's probably best that I got over the crazy of adjusting to our new schedule first, so that I would really listen.  Trying to take baby steps toward more self control (in basically all areas) and let God truly be in charge.  Let stuff go that doesn't matter and get super intentional with my people.  The big point of the lesson for me was "hey, maybe we're not SUPPOSED to have it all together...we are MADE that way so we draw a bit nearer to God and hear His voice a little more clearly"...not groundbreaking information by any means, but just what I needed a reminder of this week.  A relief.  So in light of that, I'm getting out of here and enjoying this gorgeous day with God and my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

photo is awesome! I can see the scene now! Also the post about Meem is adorable... I need to come see all my little H-babes! And my bunnie!

o's

*jamie