Tuesday, October 02, 2012

So I'm a pretty sporadic blogger. Project Life has served as my day-to-day way to record a lot of the activities and funny things the kids say...but I have always enjoyed having this little space to jot down other stuff--especially when I don't have any scrap-mojo.  Or let's face it, time to get all that stuff out. :( Anyway, I had this post all written out for Amelia hitting seven months and I was just waiting to pull a picture off of my camera. Now she's almost eight months! oops.

Names we call her: Mimi, Mimi-Mae, piglet, stinkygirlfriend, babybug, little bittie, variations on these themes.  Marcus calls her "Meem", a shortening(?) of Mimi. SO cute. 
Foods she likes: Still a big fan of milk, not too big on bottles lately, so it is good that she's trying all kinds of fruits and veggies and is doing super well at even feeding herself--she doesn't have the pincer grasp yet, but she doesn't let that stop her.  She hasn't turned anything down or gagged on a single food she's tried.  I'm hoping this bodes well for the future, as Marcus is a bit particular and it gets old...I'd rather not have two picky children if I can avoid it. 
New skills this month: Sitting up is going ever so well.  I find her that way in her bed on occasion. Crazy!  She can get up on her hands and knees and sort of lurch along the floor--it's not crawling but I enjoy seeing how motivated she is!  She also likes to get up hands and knees in her crib and sort of rock back and forth, which results in her banging her head repeatedly against the crib slats.  I'd be worried, except Sam went through a phase where he banged his head on the floor all the time, so I know it will pass.  Silly babies.
My little big girl: She had a 6 month check up, and it confirmed what I thought based on her still fitting into 0-3 and 3-6 sizes (pants make great capris, dresses make great shirts!)...she's long and lean. A bit of a surprise, since the boys weren't that way.  And her parents aren't that way, ahem.  It's only a problem because I bought clothes ahead for the fall and winter...and they are all HUGE.  We'll have to get creative!
Girlbrother: Oh how she LOVES her brothers!  Her face just lights up when she sees them.  I love seeing them all "play" together.  The boys are amazing--they bring her toys, they give her puffs when she's in her highchair, they clown around to get her to giggle.  Sigh...I know their relationships will keep changing, but I hope the sweetness always remains, somehow.  The boys have really latched onto the idea that they are her protectors--they have even dressed up in knight costumes with swords and pranced around the bouncy seat keeping evil at bay.

 
We love you, sweet baby. So very blessed and proud to have you in our little family!

No comments: