Sunday, November 18, 2012

4 years old!

Wow, two posts in one day...I'm on a roll!!

Marcus turned four last week.  Easy and hard to believe all at the same time.  I suppose I'll feel that way for every birthday.

A few highlights:
-At the end of the day on his birthday, I heard him telling J "I had so much fun today!"...really, that's all I wanted to hear.  And in all honesty, he's pretty easy to please.  We could have bought and done a lot less and he still would have been happy and had the same amount of fun--as long as we made the day about him.  He's a good egg.
-That said, it was super fun to shop for him.  Along with some other little treasures (glow in the dark skull and crossbones underwear, anyone?), we gave him this squishy anatomy model that he saw at Sam's Club and just wouldn't stop talking about.  He lost his mind when he opened it up--"IT'S WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED!!!" I'm so excited to teach both boys some cool facts.  The "gross" factor grabs their attention, but then they really want to know what all the organs do.  Marcus can already tell you all about kidneys and the bladder.  Awesome.
-Last weekend, we had a family birthday for him. I wanted to take him to order his cake, and he told me very clearly he did not want to order a cake. He wanted grandma to make him a cake with gummy bears on it...so that's what he had. Love that little guy and his funny opinions.
-The day of his birthday was a swim lesson day, and he did GREAT.  So proud of that kid.  Then for his birthday dinner afterwards, he chose IHOP...those boys think IHOP is the ultimate.  Works for me!
-The night before, Sam was the sweetest brother--he said "I'm so excited for Marky's birthday tomorrow, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!!" May they always be such good buddies.

 

No comments: